We put this site together for people playing Irish Traditional Music in New Zealand. There’s not that many of us so when we get together it’s nice to have some tunes in common.
We’ve accumulated a number of resources which you may find useful:
- Tunes Archive
- Over 450 tunes in a form suitable for learning by ear
- Latest Tunes
- The latest additions to our archive
- Charlie Montgomery
- Tunes from a Fermanagh fiddle player who has lived in NZ for over 60 years
- Other Sources
- Recordings and tunebooks in ABC or PDF format
- The Northern Fiddler
- Transcriptions of tunes from the book…
Sessions in Wellington
Two sessions happen in Wellington on Tuesday nights starting at 7:30 pm at the Welsh Dragon Bar, 10/12 Cambridge Terrace, Wellington 6011, New Zealand. Players of traditional Irish music are welcome.
The evening is split into two parts:
- Slow Session - 7:30 to 8:30
- For those who want to play at a relaxed pace
- If you’re new to playing at our session, see our Intro page
- Regular Session - 8:45 to late
- For more experienced players who are familiar with playing this music at a high standard
Other NZ Sessions
- Ask on the Wellington Irish Sessions Facebook page.